Day 5/6

Last day of treatment!
You know the drill by now.. Saline, steroid, lemtrada and saline again. All observations went well again and they were happy to let me go, until next year!
Nothing exciting happened on day 5 I'm afraid to say, no Bob or other visitors so managed to squeeze in a a decent nap! 💤

So what's next?
I kept being told that I'm going to start feeling horrendous and I've brushed it off because I've not been too bad but it has hit me hard now.
I desperately need to sleep and have attempted to do so for around 18 hours out of the last 24 but have fever type symptoms, hot and cold flushes, nausea etc.. I don't feel as though I can stand for any longer than a couple of mins before I crash 😖

I had a bit of a melt down this morning because it's horrible feeling like this - not feeling like I can stand to brush my teeth let alone look after Olivia got me really down. I've got to remember why I'm going through this though.. Okay, I'm going to feel like shite for the next few weeks, I'll have to take tablets for the next month or so, I now have to have monthly monitoring for the next 5 years and do this all again next year BUT there's a 70% chance that I'm not going to end up with any further symptoms of MS. Short term pain for long term gain. Right now, it's okay not to be okay 😊

I have nurse Kyle seeing to me today while baby girl is at Nanny's house so I can try to get as much rest as possible 😊

As much as I'd love to see my friends and family it's a good idea that I treat everyone as a toxic plague carrying swamp donkey. I think it's important to say that this treatment has completely knocked out by immune system so even little things like the sniffles could be quite nasty if I were to pick it up so I will politely decline any offers of company, thank you 😊
For the next couple of weeks I'm going to wrap myself up in bubble wrap and be super OCD about hygiene!

Comments

  1. How are you a month later? Finding you blog inspirational.. I start lemtrada early May

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hump day!

One Month Later