Hump day!

So.. Day 3!
Last night I started to feel the effects of all this medication and I was completely wiped out. Even walking up the stairs I felt tight chested and out of breath. I managed half of the bedtime routine *sigh* I gave Olivia a bottle and a cuddle before bed but couldn't manage to take her upstairs to put her in her cot 🙁 
I woke up quite a lot during the night, felt quite restless and had indigestion. All of these things are normal.

This morning I felt alright though, I managed the normal morning routine and even squeezed in some play time with little one before heading off to the hospital.

I arrived a little later than usual as I stopped off to grab a coffee before heading up to the ward. By the time I got to the ward I was completely shattered again, could barely keep my eyes open and, to put it simply, like I was in a daze.

We got started a little later today and it made me think of Bob because he told me yesterday that he's not allowed to leave the ward at 3pm. The reason for this is because around 3pm every day there's a confused little old lady that hangs around the cash machine. This little old lady once called Bob over to help check her balance... So he pushed her and she fell over.. She didn't have great balance did she? 🙄😂

We went through all the normal routine so 10 mins or so of saline drip, hour of steroid drip, 4 hours of lemtrada then back to the saline drip for an hour(ish).

As soon as I'd had my observations I went straight to sleep.
When I woke up I felt very nauseous but had something to eat and was fine again. I've quickly learned that I need to eat little and often and keep well hydrated otherwise I do start to feel really sick.

I had my first actual visitor today! My mum and husband don't count 😂😂
My beautiful friend Jess brought me up a proper Costa Latte.. Mmmm.. She'd been to work as a hair and nail tech prior to popping in to keep my company so looked pretty glam. "Cheers! You could have turned up looking like shit to make me feel better" I told her, as if the coffee and company wasn't enough 😂
She proceeded to sort out which coffee was mine and which was hers and as she started to take a drink of hers she hadn't put the lid back on and tipped the coffee all down her front! YES! Now that's what I'm talking about! Haha! That's made me feel better! 😝 (Sorry Jess!)

After a lovely catch up and setting the world to rights it was time to go. My observations went well again today and there's still no concerns. I do feel a bit odd at times though but I know my body and know when to stop. Jess walked me out to meet hubby in the pick up zone outside and I think she was glad that I can't walk very fast because she's got little legs, the short arse.

By the time I got home I was full of beans, even managed to hoover and clean the floors. I'm going a little overboard with cleaning because I'm terrified of picking up a bug from somewhere. My hands are dry and starting to crack because the amount I've been washing them and using hand sanitizer so any suggestions for a decent hand cream will be appreciated!

Day 3 is over which means that I'm over half way through my treatment (for this year at least) and so far so good.

Happy hump day all!

Comments

  1. You still looked lovely today Any you,'re doing really well..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy I'm loving reading this blog your humour and optimism shine through as always and I can recommend Elizabeth Arden 8 hour hand cream, it's amazing! Good luck lovely...you got this xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Month Later

Day 5/6