Day 4

I'm a little late posting about day 4 because we're now on day 5 (Woo-hoo!!)
Usual morning routine now- take my pre meds, which I've done a little bit of research about now instead of just taking them..

Omeprazole - to reduce stomach acid and to prevent stomach ulcers. Due to the amount of medication I'm on I am prone to these symptoms which is also why eating little and often to keep my stomach lined stopped me feeling sick the other day *ping, she's got it*.

Aciclovir- this is to treat symptoms of the herpes virus however I do just want to point out that I don't have herpes, before anyone mentions it, but in my case it's used as a preventative as it could be quite dangerous if I were to pick up chicken pox, for example.

Co-trimoxazole- this is to treat any bacterial infections, in particular, listeria in my case. Unfortunately there has been a sad case of a lady in Bristol who passed away from contracting listeria meningitis which is why they now prescribe this drug as part of treatment.
There's a diet sheet that has to be followed which includes not eating cooled deli meats, no runny eggs, washing fruit and veg thoroughly etc.. Very similar to a pregnancy diet I guess.

So that was my reading yesterday while I was going through the usual saline, steroid, lemtrada and saline again.

I had 4 lovely visitors yesterday with 3 lots of handcream brought with them 😃 thanks Mumma and my sister-in-law, Barbara 😘 My 3 year old Nephew played doctors and I showed him that medicine was going in to my arm to which he then proceeded to put pretend medicine in to my brothers arm, super cute! 😍

I started to feel real crappy last night, again my energy levels were really low, I did manage the usual bed time routine with baby girl but I crashed out on the sofa around 19:45, woke up to go to bed and then was awake with Olivia at around 6:30 so around 10-11hours sleep last night! I was quite wobbly on my feet but I think that's just because of how tired I was.
This is again all normal side effects, the steroids are going to be messing with my energy levels and at the end of the day my body is taking a massive battering at the moment.

Still happy and still very positive! I'm enjoying carrying on, while I still can, and as much as my husband is stressing about my well-being and how much of a stubborn git I am, I will ask for help if I need it 😊 Love you Kyle ♥

Now I'm back for day 5! Last day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hump day!

One Month Later

Day 5/6